Friday, January 23, 2009

Pick Me Ups

You know those days when it seems like Murphy's Law is completely against you? The days when nothing seems to go your way? The days when you just wake up in a funk, don't know why, but still can't shake it? Well, isn't it funny how you can just be having the worst day ever, but it only takes one thing to turn your day around?

Take for instance today. Today has been just one of those days...been down and out all day. As I walked back to my car, finished with class for the day, I thought to myself 'what the hell is wrong?', unable to muster any inkling of a clue that might help answer that question. To make matters worse, once I got to my car I found an unwanted gift Raleigh Transportation decided to leave on my windshield wiper. $30 ticket for parking too close to a driveway. I was convinced some thing/one/force was out to get to me today.

Luckily I got home in one piece, to begin the endless search for a job. Currently unemployed with a stagnant income and ever dwindling savings (both not good prerequisites for moving to NYC), I went through job listing after job listing only to get even more frustrated. I took a quick break and surfed youtube (one of my favorite pastimes, by the way).

It was then when I found the following video that turned my scowling frown upside-down. Take a look:



For me, this is proof that happiness trumps sadness/anger/allthingsnegative. You can be going through a shit storm; when a million and one things don't go your way. But I guarantee it only takes one thing to change it. So if you're having a bad day, find your pick me up for the day!

I tried to figure out what UK ad agency is responsible for that ad with no luck. Nevertheless, thank you for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment