Friday, January 9, 2009

Create Your Own Destiny

I read the book The Secret last summer, and since I have been obsessed with testing the validity of the law of attraction. For those that have not read it, I highly recommend you do. I constantly find myself deeply thinking about things I want to happen, trying to radiate a high frequency so the energy alters the outcome. Crazy at it may sound, the first time I tried it was while I was watching Olympic gymnastics. My roommate and I were watching a Chinese gymnast on the balance beam. If she did well on her routine, the Chinese were projected to win gold. So, I tested the waters. Thinking "U.S.A. for gold...U.S.A. for gold..." during the talented gymnasts entire routine, near the end she fell. The U.S. won gold. Stunned at the power that myself and others thinking the same thing created, I told my roommate what I thought I had something to do with. She confessed she was thinking the same thing! I was convinced we had done it.

Later, we found out we were watching a rerun. Which worked out to our advantage because we were feeling pretty guilty for "making her fall".

Still, I am a firm believer of the law of attraction and making what you want of your life. Often times I get lost in thoughts of me living the dream. Me accepting a job with an ad agency, living in New York. But I didn't think just my thoughts were enough. I needed more to actually make this theory work. I heard about people creating 'vision boards' that amassed images, words, and art associated with their dream. So, I made one. It is still a work in progress, but I think it is helping already. I hung it on my wall at the foot of my bed. That way, it is the first thing I look at when I wake up, the last thing I see before I close my eyes for bed, and the first and last thing I see when I enter and exit my room.

Since I said I wouldn't hide anything in my blog, I want to share with you my vision board. I know, it looks pitiful right now, but it is a work in progress! I plan on progressively adding to it a whole lot more. Perhaps synonymous to my reality, the vision board shows my journey from dream to reality. I will post pictures periodically so you can see my dream progress. Obviously, I have lots of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment