Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Only the Strong Survive

People who live in New York are some of the strongest people in the world. Just the other day, I was second guessing myself, and my ability to hang with some of the toughest people. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it. There are so many people that are just as thirsty as I am to make it in the city. What sets me apart from these other people? How can I stand out above the rest?

And then it hit me. All my weak questioning, and fear would be my demise in the city. What was I thinking? No one's journey to the top is ever easy. If it were easy, NYC wouldn't house such strong-willed individuals. I decided that I would set all my inhibitions, and fear aside- no more second guessing myself. Yeah, there may be people just as thirsty in the city, but damn it, I'm thirsty and willing to do anything to quench this thirst. I believe I have the qualifications and ability to be a part of this elite and envied group that is being a New Yorker.

Watch out. Another breed of bitch is coming soon. And she is so incredibly parched.

No comments:

Post a Comment