Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a dream is a wish you heart makes

I have been dreaming a lot lately, and a few nights ago I dreamed that I was engaged to be married. I couldn't see my alleged fiance's face in the dream, but I could feel the joy and elation of being in love. Being at a young age of 21, I have never been in love with anyone. Infatuation? Yes. Love? Not even close. But this dream allowed me to step away from the harsh reality of my loneliness and truly feel the strong emotions of loving another.

Now, I'm not one to be mushy gushy. But after this dream, and after feeling what I hope love feels like in reality, I can't put my mind to rest about this small 4-letter word that holds so much significance. Crazy as it may sound, when I lay myself to sleep, I hope I will dream this same dream just so I can feel what I felt that night--utter bliss, unwavering joy, love.

I always loved this quote by Dr. Suess:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-- Dr. Seuss

Now, I love it even more. So until my reality of true love comes along, I will meet you, whoever and wherever you are, in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment