Friday, March 13, 2009

A "He's Just Not That Into You" Moment

A conversation between the girls and I a couple weeks ago at a bar.

Me: Who are you calling?
Friend 1: That guy I was telling you about...you know, the one I'm kinda talking to.
Me: Ohhh yeah yeah! I remember. You guys hanging out later tonight?
Friend 1: Well if his phone doesn't ring and goes straight to voice mail, what does that mean? I hate being ignored!
Friend 2: His phone might be dead.
Friend 3: No, I hate to tell you but he might be ignoring your call...
Me: He might just being going through a dead-zone. You should call back and see if it rings now.

WTF. Why do we constantly go through the motions of trying to make sense of something so minuscule as a phone call? Four usually bright girls that can often offer intellectual conversation analyzing a simple phone call and reasons why he's "ignoring" a call. This is the story of many ladies across the world I'm sure. As you can tell from the conversation above, I'm a victim of this over-analyzing problem too. Let's get it together, ladies! Why can't we all just say "He's phone went straight to voice mail." End of story. No need to analyze it. Stop making something so simple into a difficult, unnecessary mess.

If us ladies put that much energy into analyzing this recession we're in, I'm pretty sure solutions for a flourishing economy would be thrown around left and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment