Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Countdown is On!!!

We are at t-minus 23 days until graduation, and a month and three days left until my lease is up in Raleigh, I'm still a jobless, yet hopeful NYC Bound "New-Yorker-wannabe". I started this blog late last year in hopes to document my progress to the city. And after reading back through some of my older posts (particularly here and here), it's truly feeling like the same shit, different day.

But this post is not intended for me to bitch and complain about how hard it is (I'm pretty sure I've already done that...). Instead, I want to take the moment to say I'm not giving up that easy. In fact, since it is coming down the wire I've become more amped about the thought of living in the city. And with my heightened excitement, comes mounds of ideas of what I will do when I arrive. Here are just a few things I cannot wait to do as a New Yorker:

-Be able to give directions to lost tourists
-Sit in Bryant Park at lunchtime and observe swoon over the handsome suited men on their lunch breaks
-Have a night out with my friends and know that my dependable DD will always be there
-Go to a Yankees game [against the Bo-Sox]
-Eat REAL NY pizza whenever I crave it without the disappointment of imitations
-change my phone number to a NYC area code
-design my first apartment hole-in-the-wall and make it appear chic

And the list goes on...can't wait to check these items off my NYC bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment